Obtaining a Florida Mechanical Contractor License is necessary to pull mechanical-related permits within the state. The mechanical license allows you to perform HVAC-related services in an unlimited capacity, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Let’s discuss the application’s requirements below.
What are the Florida Mechanical Contractor License Requirements?
The requirements for this particular license are similar to those for other Florida Contractor Licenses. The following is a list of those items needed to obtain one:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have the necessary work experience. Additionally, you can apply with a combination or work, military, and/or college coursework.
- Passing scores for both the trade knowledge and business and finance exams.
- Current fingerprints must be on file with the FDLE.
- DBPR approved credit reports for the individual and business.
- Satisfactions of any liens, judgements, and bankruptcies.
- Appropriate insurance and surety bonds where required.
- Payment of the application fees which vary depending on when your application is submitted.
While the above isn’t meant to be an all-inclusive listing, they’re the basic requirements of any Florida Mechanical Contractor License application.
How easy is it to get my Mechanical Contractor License?
It depends! The DBPR and CILB basically require two applications. The first one is the application to sit for the exams themselves. This one is pretty self-explanatory. The second application is to apply for your contractor license after you’ve passed the exams. This application is very involved and it’s very difficult to obtain an approval without the use of a professional application processing service like The License Company.
Why would I want to use an application processing company to get my license?
There are a few reasons why it makes sense to use an application processing company:
- Have you submitted an application to the DBPR in the past? If not, you’ll find that they are very particular as to how your application needs to be completed. Additionally, you’ll need to ensure that all compliance items are exactly what they’re looking for.
- Have you called the DBPR recently? We call them every day and the wait time is generally about an hour. Instead of wasting your time, we call for your application’s status and any additional follow up needs.
- Speed – While the DBPR doesn’t allow for the expedition of an application, our clients generally get approved faster than those who go it alone.
How do I get started with The License Company?
Getting started with us is easy! Begin by completing our questionnaire below. This gives the information needed to begin your application and help you get licensed. Once submitted, one of our license application processors will reach out to you to confirm your services and provide any additional information needed to submit your application.